UFC 126 Results: Anderson 'the Spider' Silva = Daddy long legs

Anderson Silva retains his title with an incredible knockout finish. Remains the undisputed Middleweight UFC Champion. Round and 'round the octagon they went, waiting for the other to make the first move. Vitor Belfort looked focus and was first to strike with a low right kick. At one point he even had Silva down, but was unable to keep him down.
Silva scrambled back up. About half a minute later they faced each other - southpaw to southpaw. In a blink of an eye, Silva quickly kicked Belfort in the face with a straight left foot jab. It was so fast, I feel terrible for all those in attendance that looked away at the exact moment and missed it. Thank goodness i have the privilege of rewind, courtesy of my PVR.

I must say that I picked Vitor for this match. I figured that if someone could give Silva a challenge, then Vitor Belfort could. Unfortuntely for me and my money, I was wrong.

Surprisingly I'm happy with the outcome. More importantly, I'm happy with the finish. Silva has amazing muay thai. His incredibly long legs and agility allowed him to execute the high teep with such finesse. How can UFC fans not be impressed with that knockout finish?


No comments:

Post a Comment

... follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks