UFC 126 Results: Ellenberger defeats Rocha

I'd like to first off say…
So that's how you say "Rocha". I learn something new each event! What else did I learn? That I should never assume what the outcome will be while watching a fight. Don't lose hope!

At first sight Rocha clearly dominated the first round working his BJJ and smothering Ellenberger. His transitions seemed effortless always maintaining dominant control. On his back, Ellenberger kept his composure long enough to make it through to the next round. The second saw a slower pace and spurs of booing from the audience. However boring slow the round was, Ellenberger was able to land some shots and defended well against Rocha. Even getting a takedown at the end, though it led nowhere.

I felt that Ellenberger could have been more exciting - considering he was supposed to be fighting Ftch. Rocha looked really good; one judge even giving it to him 30-27. Unfortunately for Rocha (whose best asset is his ground game) the fight stayed standing for the most part and was ultimately awarded to Jake Ellenberger via Split Decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

... follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks