The Frankie Edgar Gray Maynard Trilogy Postponed

Due to injuries to both fighters, we'll have to wait another 6-8 weeks to see this fight happen. Read more about Edgar and Maynard's situation here.

So instead, UFC130 will now be headlined by Rampage Jackson and Matt Hamill. I guess I'm okay with this considering what Rampage said in a recent interview about wanting to do movies more than actually fighting in the UFC.  Is that a little bit of an insight as to how serious he's taking his training?

Thiago Alves and Rick Story bout will now be moved up to the main PPV card.  I remember Rick Story's submission against Brian Foster as though it was yesterday.  Perhaps its because Foster's full name is an exact of my friend's husbands name.  Either way Rick Story has been on a winning streak, but I would say Thiago has had the tougher opponents.

Either way, with the sudden drop of the main event and with Rampage, Matt, Thiago and Rick stepping up UFC 130 still has the opportunity to be worth the ppv purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

... follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks