#UFC147: Rich FRANKLIN vs Wanderlei SILVA

UFConFX-4 was disappointing.

- although.... I did come out getting 2for4, I'm still left with a aggravation I just can't shake.  Yes, I'm talking about the main event: Gray Maynard's attempt to fight Clay Guida.

Seriously! What the heck went wrong?  On paper this fight looked to be a great main event.  Somehow it managed to reduce itself to nothing more than a really lame fight.

Okay, so I'm being a little hard on Guida. Let's be clear, he still will remain as one of my favourite fighters in UFC. However, it would be nice if next fight he brought back the Guida that fought Ben Henderson (on UFC on Fox).  I can only wait and see. 

I do think that this fight set him back a few steps and he'll have to regain Dana White's respect again after such a lacklustre performance.

UFC 147 : RICH FRANKLIN VS. WANDERLEI SILVA

Now here's two fighters that after such a poor showing at UFConFX, won't allow for it to happen during their main event in Brazil!  These two are old school.  Fighters with massive hearts for the sport. It would be surprising if they swayed away from their reputations but who knows what will happen?

I just hope that Rich Franklin hangs in there long enough to damage and slow down Wanderlei Silva.  Who hopefully in turn will go 'Ax Murderer' on Rich and attack in full force and land that one knockout punch.  Essentially, this fight should be good.  So here's to hope!

follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks

---

on a side note:

I'll be taping this fight since I'll be at a wedding, so please don't spoil it for me! xox, trinidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

... follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks