@trinidypicks blog: X Factor Live Performance 1

I guess I managed to hype myself up for the X Factor live show way too much because last night's show did not do it for me.  Out of the 16 performances, I only liked the following 4:




1. Emblem 3 - One Day;  Seriously these boys are the new LFO - remember them? Summer Girls?  Anyways, Emblem 3 has the whole package plus the drive.  Their performance got cut off from the proper time slot (so those who PVR the show didn't get to see -)  the BEST performance of the night.

.

4. Beatrice Miller - I Won't Give up;  Great vocal performance.  Not too much, just enough.  And I definitely didn't feel awkward watching her as I did with Carly Rose's performance.  I'd say  a little more confidence and tweaking vocally and she'll be here for awhile.  ps. What Britney Spears did with Carly Rose was terrible.  Next week I predict a ballad. Or something that will give her a chance, at least!

,



3. Jennel Garcia - Home Sweet Home;  By far the best out of her group.  Paige, I think was way over the top with barely there vocals to back her up.  Willie was just plain wrong - still didn't know what type of artist he was trying to break out as.  And Cece was just disappointing. She did not come out with the sass or vocals that she did during auditions.

.

4. Lyric 145 - Gangnam Style; Yes, another group!  Lyric145, although put together by the show these three really mesh well together.  It was like a throwback to the 90's.  Reminded me of TLC, but with 2 guys as T-Boz & Chilli and her as Left-Eye.  I mean that with the most respect - no offence intended.  It bothered me when LA Reid was saying: That's not hip hop, that's not hip hop...  - really? yes maybe not exactly the norm but they were entertaining and engaging.. and damn can she spit those rhymes like crazy insane.  There's no denying they have talent.



... Which leads me to say:  No I did not pick any from LA's team, - I really didn't enjoy any of those performances.  Better luck next week.  ... and yes Emblem3 is my favourite bahaha!  I think they'll win the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

... follow me on twitter: @trinidypicks